Stefanos Aretakis (Princeton, USA) and
Nikos Katzourakis (Reading, UK)
The school will cover important recent developments in three central
areas of mathematical analysis, namely Calculus of Variations,
Geometric nonlinear PDE and Mathematical Physics. For each of these
research areas there will be a course consisting of two mini-courses as
- Lawrence C. Evans (Berkeley, USA) Adjoint methods for nonlinear PDE
- Jan Kristensen (Oxford, UK) Convexity notions in the Calculus of Variations
- Mihalis Dafermos (Princeton, USA & Cambridge, UK) The stability problem for black holes
- Gustav Holzegel (Imperial College London, UK) The formation of shocks in three dimensional fluid dynamics
- Bernard Dacorogna (EPFL, CH) The pull-back equation for differential forms
- Spyros Alexakis (Toronto, CAN) Geometric inverse problems and PDE
The school will also include distinguished guest lectures
NEW: There will be poster sessions available for the participants.
- Robert Jensen Loyola University of Chicago (USA) Maximum principle techniques for fully nonlinear elliptic PDEs
- Juan Manfredi Pittsburgh (USA) Obstacle problems for the p-Laplacian via optimal stopping of Tug-of-War games
Course material will be become available after the completion of the school.
Registration Form and Fees
Research students, post-docs and those working in industry are strongly
recommended to apply for registration.
Applicants are asked to submit the
registration form available here.
The closing date for applications is Monday 11 April 2016
Referees may submit references for the applicants here
All research students will be charged a registration fee of £150. There will be no charge for subsistence costs
. The registration fee for those not needing accommodation in Reading is £75.
All early career researchers will be charged a registration fee of £250. There will be no charge for subsistence costs.
All other participants (e.g. those working in industry) will be charged
a registration fee of £250 plus the full subsistence costs
The poster can be downloaded from here
The detailed schedule of the school can be accessed here
List of Participants
The list of participants can be found here
All UK-based participants must pay their own travel costs. For
overseas-based participants support may be available to contribute
towards travel costs.
Please contact Stefanos Aretakis (email@example.com),
Nikos Katzourakis (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Elizabeth Fisher
(email@example.com) if you have queries relating to the Summer